Redline is a racing game for MacOS X that demonstrates just how much fun tossing polygons around at 200+ mph can be. With its advanced 3D rendering engine and a physics engine that ensures each car has a distinct feel, Redline also shows that running someone off of the road isn't just cathartic, it's downright fun.
Gun the throttle, light up the tires, and hurtle down the track in any of the three racing modes Redline offers: the realistic Simulation mode, an aggressive Arcade mode, or kick it into high gear in the insanely intense Turbo Arcade mode. No matter what your pleasure, take your pick from numerous cars, tracks, and jump into a racing game that delivers adrenaline via digital injection.
The real fun, though, is meeting nice people on the Internet and running them off of the road. Redline supports up to 12 people in a network race, either on a local network, or over the Internet. Meet up in the Lobby, pick a course, pick your cars, and recklessly slam your newfound "friends" into the guard rail in your quest for the coveted checkered flag.
Pure pleasure is in the control. Redline models each wheel of your car independently, as well as the axle width and weight of each car, allowing for an unprecedented feel of the road. Accelerate your way into a corner, tap the brakes, cut the wheel at just the right time, then punch the throttle and power-slide your way to the finish line. Boooooyah!
Redline features a dozen racing challenges such as acceleration, slalom, graduating you to real-world tracks with a variety of racing conditions. With each progressive challenge, your performance earns you new challenges, and new cars to drive. Your performance is also ranked among other Redline players from around the world via an Internet leader board.
What's new in this version:
- Added an optional "Strict Simulation" game mode, which stops players crashing into walls, to discourage people from using the walls as brakes
- Added an option to automatically reset players to the correct direction if they go the wrong way, to keep people from disrupting online games
- Improved reliability of multiplayer games over networks with packet loss
- Cars and tracks are now ordered alphabetically, and can now be selected by typing the initial character on the keyboard
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
. Follow the link and free download Redline