Power-Architect is a user-friendly data modeling tool created by data warehouse designers, and has many unique features geared specifically for the data warehouse architect. It allows users to reverse-engineer existing databases, perform data profiling on source databases, and auto-generate ETL metadata.
- Accesses source databases via JDBC
- Connects to multiple source databases concurrently
- Compares data models, database structures and identifies discrepencies
- Drag-and-drop source tables, columns into the playpeN
- Remembers the origin of each column
- Generates source-to-target visual Mapping Reports
- Forward-engineers to PostgresSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, more
- Saves source data structure snapshots in the project, so you can work remotely
- All project data is stored in an easy-to-parse XML format
- BSD licensed
- Added support for explicitly named sequences in PostgreSQL and Oracle
- Added the ability to choose the constraint checking deferrability policy on foreign key relationships on supported platforms
- Tweaked the database comparison feature to ignore meaningless data type differences between columns (for example, DECIMAL vs. NUMERIC)
- Got rid of an excessive repainting problem introduced in version 0.9.8 (improves drawing performance)
- Added the SQL BOOLEAN type to the set of generic types. It forward engineers to BOOLEAN on platforms that support it, and TINYINT on platforms that lack the BOOLEAN type.
- Added DDL (forward engineering) support for HSQLDB
- Fixed a bug in the SQL script dialog where if the user has chosen not to continue after an error, clicking execute has no effect.
- Added a GUI relationship column mapping editor, allowing you to change which primary key column a foreign key maps to in the relationship properties editor.
- Fixed support for self-referencing relationships (where the primary key and foreign key are in the same table).
- Improved 'Zoom-to-Fit' feature so that it can zoom-to-fit on selected objects in the playpen instead of the entire model. Useful for very large data models.
- The table profiler can now optionally perform its calculations locally, instead of on the database server. This may improve profiling performance.
- Changed the action for Enter in the play pen to edit the selected item, it is no longer limited to columns. Follow the link and free download Power*Architect