The OpenThesaurus German Dictionary Plugin (formerly Thesaurus Deutsch) extends Apple's Dictionary application (Dictionary.app) with a German thesaurus.
- You can search for every synonym not just the primary word.
- You can search for parts of a hyphen delimited term or a word which is not located at the beginning of a term (as Dictionary normally does).
- This is a offline dictionary, so you don't need an internet connection.
The dictionary content is based on the online dictionary www.openthesaurus.de by Daniel Naber.
- Added an update notification to the entries and the Front/Back Matter (configurable).
- Updated the dictionary content to the OpenThesaurus database from 2008-04-08.
- Added a linked copyright footer to every entry.
- Enhanced search results by using a morphology file to let you also find word forms like plural.
- Improved formattings.
- The search term will be shown in the dictionary window
- No hidden character is used to move direct matches to the top of the list. Now less relevant entries are sorted at the end of the list by using an arrow
- Now under GPL v3.
- The search results show now direct matches at the top of the results. Eg. 'Post' won't match 'auf die Post geben' as the first result.
- Version numbering now follows Apple's guidelines
- Renamed the Dictionary plugin
. Follow the link and free download OpenThesaurus German Dictionary Plugin